Monday, October 25, 2010

Challenge 265: Sally, past

I've been waking up feeling stressed and overwhelmed. Heavy is kind of a good way to describe it. It's been a good opportunity for me to practice being present. To not try to avoid those feelings (because we all know that what we resist persists) but rather allow them to be there and try to feel them fully, but at the same time, try not to attach too much to them. At times, those two feel like very different, opposing things...fully get in and feel and look at them as thoughts passing through me. I haven't quite been able to reconcile the two, but I'm working on it and getting better.

Like I mentioned last night, I'm cleaning out my drawers and closets. Right now I'm staring at three giant trash bags and one giant piece of luggage all filled with clothes and shoes and things I haven't worn in forever. It's crazy how I can be getting rid of that much stuff, but yet, my closets and drawers still look exactly the same. Still messy. Still full. Maybe I should do an extra sweep.

Getting rid of stuff is weird. I found myself hanging on to things that I really loved many years ago, just for the sake of having loved them. Almost a marker that I existed as that person who wore that thing, even though I haven't even looked at the thing in years. Should I keep it just because it reminds me of a Sally past? Where to draw the line of junk around the house, to stuff that I'll want to keep forever. And then it begs the question, if I get rid of the stuff, do I get rid of the memory? Why hang on to it?
All just questions. I think I've done a good job of keeping the important stuff and getting rid of the non-important stuff.

I'm trying to get back into my gym routine that I've fallen off the wagon of. Woke up early today and should be heading out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment