Sunday, October 24, 2010

Challenge 264: Bucket, the cat

Oops! So I haven't been doing a very good job of being "back" now have I??

I just got off the phone with Sara, my friend who is my "Staying on the Hook" cheerleader. She was saying that I should keep writing because I only have a couple more months to go, and she enjoys reading the day to day stuff since we don't live in the same town anymore and don't get to see each other often.

So here I am. Back. I'm sitting at my (very messy...surprised?) desk. I'm going through my closets and drawers getting rid of a ton of stuff I don't wear anymore. Simplifying is the name of the game. I have too much STUFF. And stuff I don't need and don't use.

Bucket the cat is sitting on my desk staring out the window at our yard below. I imagine he is looking at the boys in the backyard, wishing and hoping that he could be down there with them smoking cigarettes and drinking bourbon. Sometimes that cat doesn't come back for days and when he does, we SWEAR he smells like weed.

I spent most of the weekend in Santa Cruz with some good friends who live on the beach. Me and Coach ventured down there and had a blast. We ate lots of cheese, saw a roller derby game, hung out with great friends and just enjoyed each other.

Work is getting exciting. I'm so in love with my clients and I have a feeling there will be some newbies coming into my life very soon.

Mostly, I'm grateful for all my friends and family.

Oh...and I have a birthday coming up. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment